News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

VCRClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on June 08, 2022, 10:09:28 PMthe first comic i clicked on looked like vcr's avatar hitting on a hot librarian but then the hot librarian needed to take advantage of the guy somehow so she tolerated it and started tutoring him and then

:eek:

(i am a little surprised that US shonen jump got discontinued, but to be fair, the target audience is now 100% ipad kids, and how do you even make money off publishing a monthly brick of wood pulp that only sells to teenage nerds in the US?)

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on June 09, 2022, 09:29:07 AMman linux sucks sometimes i miss my sandwiches

it's hard to find a laptop that even has a built-in cheese drive these days. support for generic usb cheese drives has improved but upstream is one swedish guy and he's getting old. also i just found out that when you're typing a quick reply and hit the quote button on a post, new SMF inserts the quote tag into your post in progress without fucking it up. i love new SMF

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on June 09, 2022, 01:05:24 PMwhat was it with forum moderators getting pissy and locking threads that got bumped after a couple of years

i can understand it re: computer help (which is the only place it still happens to this day) but stop being a nerd, people fifteen years ago

negatory capn the thread must remain open so that someone in 2022 can complain that the hacky workaround someone posted in 2011 doesn't work anymore, some saint swoops in with the correct 2022 hacky workaround, and i can still find it because the thread resembles what i googled. locking threads to prevent necrobumps has everything to do with the vanity of forum moderators who don't want to see GREAT NEW REPLIES on CLASSIC THREADS when they hit the new posts butan

Quote from: k9 on June 09, 2022, 10:58:32 AMI do wanna read more graphic novels/mangnas/comicks its a medium I never rlly got into much. I've only read i dont have a point but thats also besides the point because I wanna read some more comeeks. Is DKR as good as they say? I like the comics that do cool stuff with page structure as like a storytelling tool, like the start of the last issue of Watchmen. Shits so cool.
i recently remembered (post pandemic) that the local public library has graphic novels, and when i went to go take some out, i was like "cool, there's a bunch of influential and even recent books here that i'd kind of meant to look at, and i don't even have to buy them!!!!" maybe this is also the case for you.

i haven't gone very deep into developing taste in either manga or western comic-book comics, because the stuff i want to hear about and read and buy seems to usually be stuff from artists & publishers outside the monthly serial comic book game and its particular demands. i usually find out about these comics from open-minded shops and distributors like desert island comics or domino books. bubbles fanzine (carried by both of the above) also has its finger on the pulse of what's happening in small-money comics, and is the kind of publication i can't read without writing down more comics to think about buying. that's the only trouble with small press comics... the library won't have 'em and neither will my friends, so it's buy or suffer
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PannacottaClock

Quote from: k9 on June 09, 2022, 10:58:32 AMI do wanna read

I absolutely recommend the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck the only good comic there is. i don't know what this other one you're asking about is but i would read a Donkey Kong comic

pannacottaclock

Slurpee

Quote from: k9 on June 09, 2022, 10:58:32 AMat the end of Bioshock when you're talking to ryan in the office and it's like OH shiT the big reveal, WHY does it ONLY at that point decide to take control away from the player. Like I thought the whole point was that you've been controlled for the whole game, so would it not make moar sens so that when ryan goes (sit) it comes up the little thing at the top of the screen "Objective: Sit" and then so on until u kill him? Is it because ryan is telling u to do it? Is it implying you've been playing as atlas controlling jack for the whole game?

WUT???
that's a good question

I would say, it's probably because that's the first time it would occur to most players to reject the order they're given, so it's the only time they make a point to actually take the option to reject it away from you

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee

Slurpee

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

a band of wilderness fursuiters killed sasquatch for his pelt in 1989. it is believed only five chupacabras remain in the wild due to the exotic fursuit trade.

Slurpee

time grabs you by the fork directs you to the road

RobClock

You know when you go to a wake and you show up and give your respects, console the respective survivors and then it's been... 15 minutes? So you make some small talk with the handful of people you know in the ensemble and they're all train wrecks but you're feeling more numb than anything else, you step outside to smoke half a pack of cigarettes and now it's been 26 minutes and Jesus Mary and Joseph this thing is supposed to be three hours long I gotta get out of here how am I going to leave without looking like an insensitive cunt so then you go back in and sit around nodding in acknowledgement to people you vaguely recall running into once twenty years ago until you finally think to yourself you've done your bit and then peel out and listen to sad Johnny Cash songs for the forty minute drive home?

Hypothetically.

In Minecraft.

PhantomCatClock

Bailing early or, even better, saying I'll go somewhere with family, joining the roadtrip, then going somewhere else by myself when we finally get to the destination has become such a running gag about me in my family that I can slip out of anything at any time and not feel bad about it, it was just another funny little thing I did

The real success is they have no idea I feel nothing but contempt towards any of them :cool:

Deodorant

Legitimately there are some members of my extended family that I would just rather not speak to. They did nothing wrong, yet I hold them in contempt.

Clocktopus

Clocktopus

lets get leeks sbc costume and walk past cams at night to drum up some clock crew buzz

PhantomCatClock

that's a screenshot of the first five minutes of the new jurassic world movie

Slurpee

Quote from: Clocktopus on June 14, 2022, 02:29:40 PMwhy would they not release a video

this is clearly a marketing stunt
oh, huh

I didn't even notice it said it was a still from a recording and just assumed it was one of those shitty "photo every few seconds" security cameras

Slurpee

did you guys hear about that uh
there was an old lady living alone in slightly remote house in the woods in the peoria area who kept calling the police to say somebody was harassing her, and it was always well after midnight, and it was always weird inexplicable shit that, y'know, a sundowning old lady might hallucinate is happening to her, like somebody knocking loudly and insistently on her door and then running away or holding a stereo against the wall to play loud music
and it went on for like four years and the police were basically handling it like "yeah okay, mrs. whatever, we'll check it out :rolleyes:" but honestly even if it was happening, if the person's not still there when the cops show up, there's not really much they could do about it

and then, the old lady's grandson set up a deercam, and they caught a picture of the person on the deercam

I find this very unsettling. it's insane. who would just be harassing a lonely old lady, and doing nothing else, just making her slightly irritated in a way that could be mistaken for senility? it's kind of the perfect crime

but anyway the suspect (who afaik was never caught) has the creepiest face in the whole world? like I thought it was one of the cgi uncanny valley faces because this story was making the rounds on spooky youtube listicles and as soon as I saw the picture I was like "faaaaaaaake 🙄" but then I actually googled it and it was on some apparently legitimate local news sites
https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/news/local-news/bartonville-pd-need-your-help-in-identifying-suspect/
https://www.pjstar.com/story/news/2017/06/05/luciano-did-deer-cam-catch/20698105007/

uh but the weird part of the story to me was, after the police released the photo, they got some leads that all went nowhere, so they went back to the family, and, it's such a weird fucking reaction, according to the cops the family were basically like " no. I don't know. what? yeah no we deleted them bro, so. I don't know. yeah no more photos. leave us alone. bye."
https://www.pjstar.com/story/news/2017/07/12/luciano-spooky-face-vanishes-without/20267643007/

Quote"It's just weird," says Brian Fengel, the village's frustrated police chief.

"We got tips about three or four people," Fengel says. "But none panned out."

So, detectives asked the family to help out by providing the deer-cam digital prints. But they have declined, saying everything has been "thrown out," Fengel says. They won't even talk with police.

"I don't understand that," Fengel says. "Maybe they figured they posted the photo, so the problem will go away."

Fengel could seek a subpoena. But the cameramen could simply say the shots and camera don't exist anymore. Now you see it, now you don't — just like the typical, unreliable Bartonville ghost story.
👻
ooky spooky cloocky crewy

welcome to page 5895, the scaaaariest page in ccbt

PhantomCatClock

almost every page has been haunted since 2012

Slurpee

decay

donkey kong

decay

donkey kong is here