News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

RobClock

Read Yahtzee Croshaw's newest novel, Existentially Challenged, today (it came out a year and a half ago as an audio book, but only in print this past Tuesday)

It's a sequel to Differently Morphous so it's got the same contemporary setting and social commentary/satire, but it felt more established and a little less on the nose this go around. The world building and background intrigue is mounting towards something interesting to be unveiled in a third book, and there was some pretty good guffaws throughout. As with previous books, If you enjoy Yahtzees stuff you would probably enjoy it.

PhantomCatClock

this whole time i thought it was Fourest

i'll add yahtzee's book to the list but I still have Ducks on my shelf

RobClock

RobClock

If you're going to read Existentially Challenged, you'll need to read Differently Morphous first. I think you'll be lost without the context of everything established in the initial installment.

VCRClock

<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

RobClock

Just for fun, i began writing up a brief history/introductory overview about what is a Clock Crew. I'm at about 2,600 words and i think i've still failed to fully express the proper nature and scale of what this little troupe is and was. I may put it aside and come back later, like every other project I've started in the last ten years.

PhantomCatClock

in trying to document the clock crew, you added more clock crew to document

PhantomCatClock

hey if you get contacted by a genie it's because i told him to let you make my third wish and the only stipulation is it has to be something for me thanks

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: RobClock on March 26, 2023, 10:41:43 AMJust for fun, i began writing up a brief history/introductory overview about what is a Clock Crew. I'm at about 2,600 words and i think i've still failed to fully express the proper nature and scale of what this little troupe is and was. I may put it aside and come back later, like every other project I've started in the last ten years.
I'm working on something similar but with the express purpose of misinformation

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee

in Akira, "Tetsuo" is Tetsuo's first name, but "Kaneda" is Kaneda's last name. wtf

Slurpee

I asked the internet, and reddit said kaneda is named after the kid from Gigantor

k

Slurpee

I guess it would make sense to call him by his last name to distinguish him from the cartoon he's named after?

like if I named a character william s. preston, after william s. preston, esq., it might make sense to just have him go by preston

Slurpee

I don't know if I mentioned this before but from what I've read, the "esquire" suffix actually has no legal meaning in the united states, so you can just call yourself that if you feel like it

Slurpee

Quote from: Slurpee on March 30, 2023, 04:26:45 AMI don't know if I mentioned this before but from what I've read, the "esquire" suffix actually has no legal meaning in the united states, so you can just call yourself that if you feel like it
update: this is incorrect. goodnight

PhantomCatClock

i only see lawyers with it

Slurpee

yeah lawyers have some weird relationship with it where it's seen as pretentious to use it on yourself and also a couple of the state bar associations get mad if you use it when you're not actively practicing law

it doesn't even mean "lawyer" though and nobody seems to know why it started meaning that.
it was a medieval rank between uh a knight and a yeoman I think. it basically just meant you owned land and were a candidate for knighthood.

so dumb. just let me call myself esquire, it's funny specifically because nobody knows what it means

Slurpee

yall see that lackadaisy cats pilot?

me neither. I bet it'll be pretty hype when I eventually get around to it, though

PhantomCatClock

i am heavy weapons guy, and this is a bar