News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Slurpee on January 31, 2024, 09:14:59 PMthinking about how mickey mouse falling into the public domain led to this thing of people doing things that probably would have been legally protected under fair use anyway
and trying to think of what you could do with mickey mouse besides parodying him, and kind of coming up blank because he's just not very interesting

I think the funniest thing would be for warner brothers specifically to release a looney tunes cartoon and have him just be standing there or something
Quote from: Slurpee on January 31, 2024, 10:08:14 PMit's way more interesting to me that felix the cat is in public domain, because felix was a bit more surreal and kind of embraced the cartoon reality instead of trying to do a cartoon version of, like, being in a barn or putting on a stage show or whatever. I could be wrong, I haven't really watched too many of the early cartoon shorts, but I associate felix with what I think of as the more quintessentially cartoony kind of cartoon where like... a character can climb inside of a toaster, and just enter a nonsensical reality where everything is based around the abstract concept of toasting things, and just have a little adventure there, and then it gets terrifying, and then he leaves

I feel like cuphead kind of sparked this appreciation for old rubber hose cartoons, but a very particular kind where you're doing a little bouncy dance and like flowers get angry faces and shoot seeds at you. and not so much the kind of crazy cartoon logic where like you can punch a guy so hard that he turns into 7 smaller versions of the same guy, and they'll like swarm around and grab your shadow and start choking you with it, so you slam 17 doors closed on them and go "phyew!" but then the little guys become become one guy again and he grabs the door off the wall and crumples it into a little ball and eats it so now there's just a blank wall there and you're trapped inside a room with no exit
same

RobClock

Alright fine I'll rewatch Twisted Tales of Felix again

VCRClock

hello ytmnd fans

this is your reminder that Paul Engemann's "Scarface (Push It To The Limit)" is currently available on streaming after being one of those annoyingly unobtainable major label songs for a long time

go! clock crew! go out and walk along the razor's edge!
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

RobClock

They took the Sopranos theme off Spotify and I find that offensive

PhantomCatClock

like i ever lost my 26 volumes of ytmnd soundtrack with black'n'white album art

Slurpee

you're a god (derogatory)

RobClock

Record snowfalls in Cape Breton this weekend, 80cm over the last day with another 50cm expected this evening and overnight, with snow continuing into Tuesday morning. Miraculously NS Power has managed to keep electricity going with sparse outages and quick restoration, which is frankly unbelievable with the unreliability of their service since Hurricane Fiona.

This has been Rob_Clock, ATV News, Cape Breton. Back to you, Steve.

VCRClock

Quote from: RobClock on February 04, 2024, 01:16:26 PMNS Power has managed to keep electricity going with sparse outages and quick restoration, which is frankly unbelievable

hi we're going to superimpose this on a photo of you and add it to our homepage hero slider. thanks for choosing to be an electricity customer
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

PhantomCatClock

my dad had electricity

Slurpee

the girl who called me scrungly has psychologically devastated me for a second time

VCRClock

Quote from: Slurpee on February 07, 2024, 12:08:44 AM

I haven't seen this anime but I am taking this to mean "David McCallum in an Astro Boy wig"

I dunno seems pretty cool

Slurpee

I'm mad at the accuracy and concerned about my hairline
woman's out here xeroxing me

PhantomCatClock

but that kind of scrungly where you know he could flunge if he needed to protect someone

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

it's nothing to be ashamed of some of my best friends have scrungleflunge

RobClock

Got a dog

His name is thunder and he is one year and three months old. I got him did $100 (!!!!!) two nights ago

PhantomCatClock

adjusting for inflation, that's slightly more today. A VERY GOOD DEAL.

Slurpee

Quote from: RobClock on February 09, 2024, 03:11:40 PMGot a dog

His name is thunder and he is one year and three months old. I got him did $100 (!!!!!) two nights ago
omg :3

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I rate your dog an adorable fluffy wuffy snookums out of 100.

VCRClock

i was trying to recall the origin image (and exact phrasing of) that "OVER 20 LBS of PUSSY & ASS!" meme and had to use google

i welcome the terrible targeted ads that are about to be served to me and probably also my roommate

PhantomCatClock

i ran afoul of a witch on the way to work and she cursed me so that my next mega millions quick pick is guaranteed to lose

i know when you run afoul of a witch you're supposed to book it but i went back to have her specify and she confirmed it's just the one, so like if i bought a ticket with ten quick picks, the other nine would still be good

but man that's still $2 so i've decided to quit the lottery