News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012

Farted by patriotclock, January 12, 2010, 01:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Thor

Too bad Marvel can't use Spider-man in their movies. Sony is a shit company and Marvel could have done something awesome.

:(
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

RobClock

QuoteThe mag also mentions Gary Ross, hired to write one of the last Spider-Man 4 drafts, and Michael Bay

i believe i just lost all faith in humanity.


Munglai

I'm not sure if this is good or bad. On the one hand it's nice to see Sam Raimi standing up to Sony instead of just going with it and making another weak movie but on the other hand Sony is still in charge and will probably just get a less talented director who'll do what they tell them.

Either way, the series has kind of collapsed and it'll be nice to get a fresh start where they don't have to stick to the rules and tone of the first film. Plus they can do Venom again and potentially get it right.

Hopefully since Sony will realise that the reason Batman Begins was great was because it had a strong writer/director with a lot of creative control. They probably won't though. They're pretty much idiots. They should really just stop dicking around with the character and give the rights back to Marvel.

PirateClock

"bets on a thinly-translated Ultimate Spider-Man"


I hope they do this. Mainly cause i don't read the Ultimate series so when they turn it into a movie i won't feel compelled to whine about inaccuracies like the nerd i am. Iron Man, X-men and Hulk where all based on a mix of Ultimate, 616 and new stories which i thought worked really well ('cept the first Hulk movie obviously).

Also im glad they are rebooting it cause Tobey and Kirsten sucked balls, so did the villains in the 3rd movie. I also heard they are rebooting Daredevil and Fantastic Four, which is good but i kinda wished they'd make movies of the other series (Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Dr Strange etc) first before rebooting already used series.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

DWARFINATORclock

I'm happy this happened because all three Spiderman movies are lame. It is a bit surprising though seeing as Spiderman 3 is #15 on the highest grossing movie of all time and Spiderman 2 is #29. That being said, if they make a Spiderman like the last Batman movie I'm sure it will surpass that.

Now Raimi can go back to making horror movies :)

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: Phil Ken Sebben;1715982Also im glad they are rebooting it cause Tobey and Kirsten sucked balls, so did the villains in the 3rd movie. I also heard they are rebooting Daredevil and Fantastic Four, which is good but i kinda wished they'd make movies of the other series (Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Dr Strange etc) first before rebooting already used series.

Those aren't big names that the general public knows so the only way they'd make a movie about them is if they had a spot in a movie of a popular hero (like Wolverine) and then suddenly became popular (like Deadpool).

Asshatclock


YoYoClock

If theyre doing this to follow a similar tone to the dark knight I really don't think it'd fit spiderman

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.

miracle fruit


PirateClock

The spider man comics aren't as violent and dark as Batman, Wolverine, or Punisher comics. Spiderman is brightly colored and with loads of humor. Hell the worst thing that ever happened in Spiderman was the Green Goblin tossing a chick of a bridge whereas in the other comics stuff like mass murder, rape and torture happen on a weekly basis.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

Silly Putty Clock

I know it's not canon and wouldn't fit Spider-Man at all as he is in the comics, but wouldn't it be neat if they did a Spider-Man movie where all those crazy transformations are treated as body horror and happen gradually over the course of the movie like in The Fly? I'd like to see this treatment with the Lizard in particular.

also I must confess I enjoyed the emo jazz dance scene :(
8=======D~~~~>_<~~~~C=======8

Poltergeist

Quote from: Phil Ken Sebben;1716008The spider man comics aren't as violent and dark as Batman, Wolverine, or Punisher comics. Spiderman is brightly colored and with loads of humor. Hell the worst thing that ever happened in Spiderman was the Green Goblin tossing a chick of a bridge whereas in the other comics stuff like mass murder, rape and torture happen on a weekly basis.

I'm pretty sure the Clone saga was worse. ESPECIALLY in the Ultimate universe.

Silly Putty Clock

8=======D~~~~>_<~~~~C=======8

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: Phil Ken Sebben;1716008The spider man comics aren't as violent and dark as Batman, Wolverine, or Punisher comics. Spiderman is brightly colored and with loads of humor. Hell the worst thing that ever happened in Spiderman was the Green Goblin tossing a chick of a bridge whereas in the other comics stuff like mass murder, rape and torture happen on a weekly basis.

Spiderman revealing his identity was filled with jokes.

Poltergeist

So basically what we can gather from that is Spider-man is a more enjoyable character than most other Marvel characters. I'd take Spidey or Deadpool over Wolverine or Captain America any day.

patriotclock

Quote from: Juror 8;1716050So basically what we can gather from that is Spider-man is a more enjoyable character than most other Marvel characters. I'd take Spidey or Deadpool over Wolverine or Captain America any day.

Spider-man & Captain America are the two best Marvel heroes ok.

PirateClock

Quote from: Juror 8;1716050So basically what we can gather from that is Spider-man is a more enjoyable character than most other Marvel characters. I'd take Spidey or Deadpool over Wolverine or Captain America any day.

You need different characters. I always love team-ups between people like Wolverine or Punisher with people like Spiderman. All great teams (Justice League, Avengers etc) always have dark and serious dudes and light and humorous dudes.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

Poltergeist

Quote from: Phil Ken Sebben;1716055You need different characters. I always love team-ups between people like Wolverine or Punisher with people like Spiderman. All great teams (Justice League, Avengers etc) always have dark and serious dudes and light and humorous dudes.

I think a punisher/spider-man combo sounds pretty good to me :)