News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

What's the Clock Crew doing now? (Serious thread)

Farted by NintendrCkolc, June 20, 2015, 05:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VCRClock

vcrclock graduated from liberal arts school with a liberal arts degree in 2013. he lives with mom & dad and works in foodservice, where he is probably slowly becoming the asshole he never wanted to be.

Hoping against common sense for a job I'd care about that wouldn't also require me to have gotten a more useful degree in the first place. Also if I could make enough money to move out, that would be cool. Considering school down the line but don't want to take on more debt right now. About to find out if freelance cents-per-word translation work is on the table for me, I guess, but that just happened today.

Working on my own vaguely-creative-but-probably-not-art stuff in the meantime, which I don't like to talk about because I never finish things. Pretty much none of the stuff currently in the pipeline would be relevant attached to a resume, either. Not even if I were applying to a social media "job."

It's good to hear that you guys are SUFFERING doing okay. Other internet communities totally suck and aren't funny and don't understand my pain.

It's less good to see that I had to use the Document Inspector to get reply boxes to show up anywhere and this site loads like it's run by inchworms. Jesus. (PopTart, I'm gonna try to hang around and see if there's anything I can do about this server/software situation.)
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

RobClock

if you stop loading the page before it's finished, but after most of the assets appear, the quick reply box doesn't disappear.

Voltage

(Hopefully it's not restricted to anyone here)

I make animations, DJ, and work deliveries

You could have my life and it would probably not suck

Except at 25 I suffer from a previously broken ankle, which has all but ruined my ability to live practical

MonsterMunch

Currently just bouncing from job to job. Drinking heavily on weekends.

I'm pretty much Randell Graves from Clerks now. I stopped having high expectations in life after I graduated university in 2011 and couldn't find work in the sound engineering field. Although I'm fairly content with my life.

Asshatclock

Got a job, bought a house, got engaged.

to be continued.

HoochClock

I fix planes in the military. I read books and get degrees

screwclock

dropped out of community college, do boring data entry, stay in school

Kodiakclock

I work for a government summer youth work program at a waste water company mostly cleaning out porta johns and driving a bobcat
Actually just put the deposit down on my first apartment today. Wow, I joined here when I was 17.
Quote from: YoYoClock;1903849
KodiakClock - Super Butt

BoltClock

Quote from: SoBe Clock;1982642This clockday marks 10 years for me.

Same here. Maybe I should finally pursue that big project I've been putting off for the past 8 years, to commemorate how long I've been here while barely doing much at all. I have one month to lose.

Anyway, decided a traditional day job wasn't for me and thinking of trying my hand at earning a bit of pocket money by making apps. I've heard of people making their entire livelihood out of app markets alone but I'm not that ambitious, not yet anyway.

Other than that, like pretty much everyone else here I'm just at home playing video games and contemplating life and shit.

Y'know, even if the Clock Crew will never be the same again, I hope it won't just dissolve with everyone going their separate ways. I still think we're a community. Not a community of kids with too much free time, but still a community of people with "lives" and shit. I mean we still get together and talk. Like we're doing now. Even though the forum software sucks, we make do. Well, we try to anyway.
Latest Flash: Clockmas 2019
Latest Collab: Pass The Spam Drei
Upcoming Flash: BoltClock: Origins Part 3

RIP old siggy

zl

Quote from: BoltClock;1982866Y'know, even if the Clock Crew will never be the same again, I hope it won't just dissolve with everyone going their separate ways. I still think we're a community. Not a community of kids with too much free time, but still a community of people with "lives" and shit. I mean we still get together and talk. Like we're doing now. Even though the forum software sucks, we make do. Well, we try to anyway.

I'm with you.

HoochClock

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1982868I'm with you.

Holy fuck I've been on here for 13 fucking years?  What a loser.

Topcatyo

12 and a half, which is actually more time than I haven't been in the Clock Crew.

RenegadeClock

I have a freelance graphic design business, and I work out of my home office in bumfuck, Oregon. I'm trying to save up enough money to expand my business. I wish I had more time to dedicate toward Clockcrew and personal art, but I've gotta focus on my career and thinking about starting a family. I hope this isn't the end for us. Maybe it's just an ice age before we find a new spring.

Soup Clock

To me, the CC was like a college.  I learned some skills and met some people.  If you want to add me, you can on facebook or some of those other shit sites that I rarely check.  We'll catch up once in a while, but I'm doing my own thing now.  I have no regrets, as the CC has helped further my development and all the people here were cool as shit.  I'd love to work with anybody who needs help with networking
ass whore

WobbuffetClock

I'm a Junior in college, studying Computer Animation. I'm turning 21 this august, which is neat. I have a job delivering pizza while I'm home for the summer, and occasionally I also do freelance graphic design work. Aside from that, I have been making art, which you can see at http://curseoftherubystag.tumblr.com/ if you want.
flash rules everything around me, f.r.e.a.m.??? get the fivens, portal portal spam, y\'all

GreyClock

I'm 28 and currently "working" on my master's thesis in art history.* I'm living in a student apartment, watching my savings evaporate. No income, so I should be looking for a job, but I'm procrastinating. The reality of my impending bankruptcy might not have fully sunken in yet. I find it better to just ignore everything and lie on the couch and get drunk. I've stretched this student thing as far as I could to avoid having to deal with the awful realities of adult life, and now it's about to break. A situation like this would perhaps worry or frighten a lesser man, but fortunately I don't seem to care all that much and am currently mildly enjoying my lethargy.

*Reading the occasional book.

Quote from: Asshatclock;1982840Got a job, bought a house, got engaged.

to be continued.
Gefeliciflapstaart.

Poltergeist

I am now a freelance writer, got a job writing a feature a couple months ago, have a cool girlfriend, things are p good. I also joined when I was a wee babby and it's weird thinking I spent so many of my formative years on this forum. I joined 10 years ago but i've been inactive for like five.

Hey Topcatyo, Grey and Asshat! Y'all were some cool ass clocks, I don't know who most of these clowns posting here are. Anyone know is Splatterberry or Snake are still alive? What about Action?

Also marlin i remember that time you told me you used to eat dead skin from your foot when you were a kid. thats probably a memory i will never lose. isn't life weird?

CabbageClock

I am now both halves of popular folk rock duo Simon & Garfunkel.

Topcatyo

Quote from: Poltergeist;1982962I am now a freelance writer, got a job writing a feature a couple months ago, have a cool girlfriend, things are p good. I also joined when I was a wee babby and it's weird thinking I spent so many of my formative years on this forum. I joined 10 years ago but i've been inactive for like five.

Hey Topcatyo, Grey and Asshat! Y'all were some cool ass clocks, I don't know who most of these clowns posting here are. Anyone know is Splatterberry or Snake are still alive? What about Action?

If I remember correctly Splatter did something shitty and hasn't been seen again. Snake will infrequently hit me up for a chat on Facebook or Skype

Action work together on a webcomic. I'm putting the next page up in a few hours as of this posting.
http://waterloggedcomic.com/

BoltClock

Quote from: Topcatyo;1982967If I remember correctly Splatter did something shitty and hasn't been seen again. Snake will infrequently hit me up for a chat on Facebook or Skype

Action work together on a webcomic. I'm putting the next page up in a few hours as of this posting.
http://waterloggedcomic.com/

Same here, me and Snake just spoke a week ago. Awesome to see you and Action still working together. Also awesome that your webcomic is turning 4 soon!
Latest Flash: Clockmas 2019
Latest Collab: Pass The Spam Drei
Upcoming Flash: BoltClock: Origins Part 3

RIP old siggy