News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Clock Crew: Not As Dead As Flash

Farted by PhantomCatClock, August 25, 2020, 05:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

Something I've wanted to start for a while, but always forgot when was actually time. Clock Day is over, hooray hoorah it was a good one

EXCEPT

Now that we've had two weeks to recharge our creative batteries and lose the military funding to Quest, it's time for an overly large collab. We've tried a few huge ones—some worked, some did not—but this one's as easy as I can make it without having Rob do my part for me. You have an entire week to do your part, and the theme is still spam. The stakes have never been lower.

1280x720@24fps

50 weeks, 50 parts. A hopefully easy, slow burn with a big payoff.

Now, obviously this is eventually going to devolve into the forum regulars passing the potato back and forth around January-April, but I accept this. For now, we have the eyes of the Old Talent and the whole Discord on the forum and I'll remind people as their parts come up.

More experienced collab organizers have proposed making it sets of short stories, ie the first five parts (after the intro) will all be sequels to each other. Work amongst yourselves, have the first part be team captain, just go rogue—I don't mind how you do it, but I think it is MOST COOLAROONIE (thanks, Poly-Tart) and will gladly stitch whatever the community puts together at the end of this.

I know enough about my abilities to know I shouldn't actually go first, but I do hereby put my name in the pot. Everyone else with edit abilities, feel free to edit below this point:
——————————————————
Participants:

• PCat
• K-9
• Pop-Tart
• Rob
• Flounderman
• Slurpee
• Bolt
Vuvuzela
• Polyhedron
• VCR
• Pannacotta
D.Va
• Marlin
• Octopus
• Redbook
• Inkwell

Parts:

• Chapter 1
   ¬ Pop
   ¬ K-9
   ¬ Rob
   ¬ PCat
   ¬ Flounderman

k9

MEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEM

holy shit this is an amazing idea

RobClock

put me in coach

look at me, i can be centerfield

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

so it's individual short stories that lead into the next not one big story? at least not at first? alright sure.

Slurpee

BoltClock

This'll be a good tie-in with one of the solo ideas I've been tossing about for a while.
Latest Flash: Clockmas 2019
Latest Collab: Pass The Spam Drei
Upcoming Flash: BoltClock: Origins Part 3

RIP old siggy

PhantomCatClock

One-offs won't kill the project, and the format of shorter stories kinda lends itself to meanwhiles if there's a big rush a month before clock day and we end up with too many parts. Can just smoosh them in there

p.s.: hokay VOLUNTEER FOR AN INTRO?

VuBawlsClock

Fuck anonfrog

VCRClock

<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PannacottaClock

pleeeease stuff me in this collaborator pile as well
hard seltzer counter 2023: 4

k9

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on August 25, 2020, 11:45:23 PM
One-offs won't kill the project, and the format of shorter stories kinda lends itself to meanwhiles if there's a big rush a month before clock day and we end up with too many parts. Can just smoosh them in there

p.s.: hokay VOLUNTEER FOR AN INTRO?
i'll do it

JambaClock

i'll go make the logo graphics then

k9

when do i have to finish my part for?

D.VaClock

Put me in for the area where you place all the shit stuff, I can manage that
D.Va Clock? More like D.VA COCK!!!

Marlin Clock

I think I could make something by the time the year passes by.

Clocktopus

Redbook Clock

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee