News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Should I expel this kid?

Farted by F U Clock, May 10, 2008, 11:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F U Clock

Alright, so there's a dude in my graphic design and illustration class named Fernandooo. Anyways, he's really good with Adobe Illustrator and comes up with all this cool shit. I first noticed the oddities when he was showing an assignment to my teacher. I noticed it was pixelated when he zoomed in, and since it's a vector program that's... odd, unless he was putting it online for some reason. Also, it was named Blablabla_by_Blablabla, the second being a person's online name that was not his. Also, it was saved in his Research folder on his flash drive.
Alright alright, flash forward, and skip a few weird things, I see him open up a thing from his Flash drive, and start to trace it in Illustrator. The next day, he turns in almost the same fucking image as the one he was tracing for the assignment. Not only that, he opens the original and claims he made that too. Well since then I've found the damned thing on somebody else's Deviantart, as well as two other Illustrations he stole from another artists. What should I do about this? I don't really want to talk to him about it, because there'd be no easy way to say that I've been covering your tracks and you're a fucking thief. But also if I tell my teachers he will be expelled from College, and it may ruin his whole life. What the fuck.

AMPEEEM

Just let him do what he wants

Berserk Berserker

Yeah, expell him, and teach him how to respect copyrights.

frozennn

I feel no sympathy for him really.
h

F U Clock

Quote from: ampm;1306111Just let him do what he wants

Dude it's fucking bullshit. You should see the praise this kid gets for shit that he stole. On the last day of class my graphics teacher is talking to the class looking at a stolen piece of his saying, "You could leave College right now and go into graphic design, you're that good." I was so pissed...

frozennn

Tell it to everybody, damn it.
h

ChocolateCoffin

Make an intricate and intelligent plan that sabotages and embarrasses  him in front of the whole class.

SockpuppetClock

Since it seems everyone thinks he's so good at it you should get the teacher to get the kid to teach the class on how he does it.

ScareCrow

Send an anonymous letter/e-mail to the teacher with links and proof?
[FLASH]http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/090308/52484_CAMEL.swf width=320 height=240[/FLASH]

EtchASketchClock

I understand that you don't want a guilt trip for getting him kicked out, but some have to learn the hard way that you can't cheat your way through school.
But do it as Scarecrow said, use an anonymous email.
Take Care... Spike Your Hair!
[FLASH=http://files.myfrogbag.com/y10np3/Newsigthatworks.swf]width=400 height=200 wmode=transparent[/FLASH]

Pin Clock

Just boot him out quietly and peacefully. He should learn, but there's no need for extra embarrassment.
if there were two guys on the moon and one of them killed the other with a rock that'd be pretty fucked up wouldn't it?

China Clock

Cheating would've been one thing, that's just answers. He's taking credit for someone else's work. God damnit.

Stop feeling that undeserved "pity" for him and focus that energy elsewhere, like, say, getting his ass in trouble for that shit.

We don't need another eBaum-drama in the future.

Is his line of study in the field of Art, or elsewhere? If it's art, then get him expelled. If it's just a course, then request that they be lenient and just fail him in the course or such. They'd probably be decent enough not to take it further, unless you have really shitty teachers.

Topcatyo

Yeah, I'd feel bad for getting him expelled from college and possibly ruining his life, but at the same time he's stealing other people's creative work and claiming it as his own.
When he's showing the teacher his work, you could always say a quick comment like "Wow, that style is completely different from your last work" or something.

FluxCapacitorClock

He deserves to be expelled. I don't see what you're feeling guilty about. Yes, you should tell whats going on.

Marlin Clock

No sympathy for the sinner. Flush him out.

One way is maybe you can make something really good and post it on a site and maybe somehow get him to see it so he'll trace it, then make sure to show your work first before his so that he'll either have to refuse to show his work or be exposed.

LuxenbergClock

Talk to him, it's not easy but do it, and warn him
QuoteBob awesome

BoomStick Clock

Public humiliation all the way.

SecretAgentClock

it's not against the rules if you don't get caught

he got caught

FluxCapacitorClock

Spare the rod, spoil the child!

LuxenbergClock

Quote from: Flux;1306147Spare the rod, spoil the child!

No, really, warn him, be serious
QuoteBob awesome