News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

i used my sixth wish to send slurpee to a alternate dimension where "click" is and always was pronounced phonetically and i'm starting to wonder why this genie is still here. something about a ring

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: RobClock on September 29, 2023, 05:21:58 PMI drew this because apparently Disney+ is killing password sharing ala Netflix

but I have this niggling feeling in the back of my head that the writer's and actor's strikes make this an inappropriate time to voice such an opinion
it is never NOT appropriate.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Slurpee on September 28, 2023, 11:29:23 AM

they would have won if they had their own teenage mutant ninja turtles ripoff cartoon back in the 90s. they easily could have just made a deal with street sharks to have them playing hockey and wearing the team's merch sometimes but no they CHOSE this.

RobClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on October 01, 2023, 11:08:43 AM
Quote from: Slurpee on September 28, 2023, 11:29:23 AM

they would have won if they had their own teenage mutant ninja turtles ripoff cartoon back in the 90s. they easily could have just made a deal with street sharks to have them playing hockey and wearing the team's merch sometimes but no they CHOSE this.

Slurpee

Quote from: RobClock on October 01, 2023, 11:15:45 AM
one of these ducks was like the Gambit of the team and the main thing I remember about this show is thinking he was like 50 times cooler than the other ducks

also they killed off their Leonardo in like the first episode. or not killed but he was lost in hyperspace I think when he stepped out to wrestle an electric space worm off the hull of the ship?
but it wasn't as bold of a decision as it sounds because they just had a second Leonardo on the team to take his place and it was just so his character arc could be like "can I really take his place? am I boring and generic enough to be the leader?"

PhantomCatClock

leonardo was the leader, sure, but raphael was the red one, and therefore the leader

source:

PhantomCatClock

I had two toys from the Mighty Ducks show and remember nothing else about it at all

disney should keep making cartoons about their investments. i want an action figure of a rag-tag team of lawyers that change the law so only disney can buy media companies

Slurpee

shit, did anyone remember to wake up billie joe armstrong?

VCRClock

the seventies on seven dj banter is on some "WE DRANK FROM THE HOSE AND TURNED OUT FINE, REMEMBER POLYESTER LMAO, GETTING TO 3RD BASE IN A FORD PINTO WOOOOOO!" shit

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on September 30, 2023, 09:00:52 AMI always think of Slurp when i think of Carol King. That Pierre song, GOOD SHIT.

no that's me you're supposed to think of, I'm the one telling you the whole Really Rosie album is better than Tapestry

hey so i looked at the mighty ducks picture and barely remembering the cartoon I was like 'was the one guy's head actually a giant fist' before figuring out whose body part was whose
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

I opened the disney+ app to see if they had the mighty ducks cartoon and they do
and I didn't watch it, but I did look at the thumbnail for a good 8 seconds or so

PhantomCatClock

I showed it to my last roommate and he didn't make it past the intro theme

For context, he made it about two minutes into Gargoyles

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I remember wondering as a kid "are there normal ducks in this universe? what would they do if they met a normal duck?" iirc there was never an on-screen normal duck at any point.

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on October 02, 2023, 03:51:20 PMI showed it to my last roommate and he didn't make it past the intro theme

For context, he made it about two minutes into Gargoyles
you can just say he's a coward

PhantomCatClock

Gargoyles was a rad as hell premise but i don't remember any of it

not the turning into statues thing, i just mean that they opened it up with THERE'S A CURSE THAT LASTS A THOUSAND YEARS

OUR STORY BEGINS IN THE YEAR 991

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: VCRClock on October 01, 2023, 10:31:49 PMthe seventies on seven dj banter is on some "WE DRANK FROM THE HOSE AND TURNED OUT FINE, REMEMBER POLYESTER LMAO, GETTING TO 3RD BASE IN A FORD PINTO WOOOOOO!" shit

there's one—only one—that actually makes me want to change the channel for five seconds until I think he's done. It just feels like someone standing up at a party, when nobody was talking to him, and shouting, "HUH MAN BACK SEAT WITH NO SEATBELT, HUH? A RITE OF PASSAGE. GOOD THING WE ALL SURVIVED, HEH"

like, they took the cool observation that someone said in response to something else 70s-ish but said it without the response

also one of the talking bits has Thunderstruck playing in the background so i think they're going to start playing that which is a RUGPULL but it doesn't happen often and today it happened between hotel california and crocodile rock so it was a special occasion i guess

Slurpee

my parents love that "and we survived" chestnut, but every time we have a family gathering everybody in their age group has a conversation about their childhood and it inevitably turns to all their friends and relatives who absolutely did not survive

PhantomCatClock

There's a specialization subclass or whatever in D&D for rogues where you join some kind of assassin guild and the prereq is you have to kill someone purely to enter the guild. It's not a bank guard, or to further a political agenda, or stop/start a battle, it's just some rando target chosen purely because there is nothing to gain but entry into the murder club for the murder class—which was awesome until I remember that's how the cousin I played Super Nintendo with died

I stayed sneak-attacky but started putting my new points into utility skills

VCRClock

ay yo what has four legs in the morning two at noon and three at night
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

VCRClock

I'ma give you until the next page to guess

VCRClock

while you're waiting, why not enjoy an ice cold Mike's Harder Lemonade (drink responsibly)?